Japanese Manga Portal Website JManga.com To Launch August 17th 2011 in North America
Date: 2011 July 22 14:57
Posted by Joe
San Diego Comic Con is well under way. This is the event that lots of companies have been waiting for to announce their news.
The Digital Comic Association have just announced a promising new digital manga service JManga. It's set for launch on August 17th 2011.
We've been sent the press release, and others are tweeting live from SDCC.
JManga.com will launch as website first in August, then for mobile devices later.
Sam Yoshiba (Kodansha) "JManga.com will have well-known titles & also the not-so-well-known titles that aren't always available scanlated."
We've been told that the titles will be limited to North America, but they should roll it out to other countries in coming months.
Additional thanks goes to Deb Aoki for Tweeting at SDCC.
Press release as follows:
July 22, 2011
Digital Comic Association
Japanese Manga Portal Website JManga.com To Launch August 17, 2011 in North America
Japan's Digital Comic Association (*1), comprised of 39 Japanese publishers, is currently testing out its new manga portal website targeting North America JManga.com in a closed beta as it prepares for the site's official launch on August 17, 2011. The launch of JManga.com has also been announced at the currently in-progress San Diego Comic-Con in a panel and industry release reception on July 22nd.
JManga.com aims to be a manga portal website that can be enjoyed by as wide a readership as possible, with the goal conveying the interest and fun of manga to as many people as possible. Be sure to mark JManga.com's launch on your calendars!
The JManga Portal is
- An official manga portal website in which a concentration of Japanese manga publishers can release content.
- A place for the release manga titles from the plethora of genres spawned by Japanese manga culture.
- A site to read such diverse titles as; NARUTO, Kekkaishi, Crayon Shinchan, Devil King, Cigarette Kisses, Dragon Girl, Tujiurauri, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, Young-kun, ADEKAN, Manga Science, and more.
- A medium to provide services and content that only an official site can, such as, manga artist interviews and feature articles.
- A gathering point for manga fans worldwide to communicate their activities, thoughts and tastes via social networking features to be integrated.
- An official manga portal website operated by the Digital Comic Association supported JManga Co., Ltd. (*2)
The JManga Portal aims to become a hub to unite readers worldwide more dynamically than ever before.
*1: The Digital Comic Association
The Digital Comic Association was formed to ensure the robust development of the digital comic industry while paving the way for a new generation of publishing culture. The Association promotes the digitalization of manga and manga culture, as a cultural treasure of Japan, aiming to propel the diffusion of digital comics, alongside manga artists, beginning with Japan and on throughout the world.
*2: JManga Co., Ltd.
JManga Co., Ltd. was established on December 22nd 2010 with the support of the Digital Comic Association and its comprising 39 prominent Japanese publishers. JManga Co., Ltd. designs and operates the JManga portal with the goal of sharing Japan's manga culture to as many people as possible worldwide utilizing an official platform that eases the minds of readers and publishers alike. The primary areas of business for JManga Co., Ltd. are manga promotion and digital manga retail, with the goal of contributing, alongside publishers worldwide, to the progression of the manga market as a whole.