Hyper Japan 2011 Event Details
Date: Monday 27th June 2011 [15:46] | Posted By: Joe
With less than a month to go until Hyper Japan at London's Olympia Two they've started to rev up and reveal to the world what will happen on 22nd to 24th July 2011.
They've sent us the details, highlights include the Eat-Japan Sushi Awards, a Sake Seminar, Nintendo unleashed. Along with a Taiko Master, Cosplay competitions and much more.
June 27 2011 / FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
HYPER JAPAN 2011 UPDATE
Friday 22 – Sunday 24 July 2011
Olympia Two, London
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
HYPER JAPAN 2011 will be held at Olympia Two, London, on Friday 22, Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 July 2011. Event highlights include:
- EAT-JAPAN SUSHI AWARDS 2011 (every day): UK Sushi Roll Championship: brand new version of the popular Sushi Awards, featuring roll sushi from five brilliant Japanese restaurants in the UK. Limited tickets available at £8 each; you can help decide the UK's best of the best sushi!
- Sake Seminar (Friday 22 July): Satomi Okubo of Zuma restaurant will host free tutored tasting and seminar introducing classic and new styles of sake.
- Nintendo Unleashed (every day): experience Nintendo's amazing 3D technology and some exclusive previews, to be announced soon.
- Joji Hirota, Taiko Master (Friday 22 July): charity performances of the Japanese taiko drum by this renowned composer, percussionist and singer.
- UK Kawaii Star of the Year (Sunday 24 July): our search for the UK's newest ambassador of kawaii (that's Japanese for cute, cute, cute!).
- Kanon Wakeshima (every day): one of J-Pop's most exciting stars, this cellist and singer is managed by visual-kei and fashion icon MANA, and will be performing two charity concerts and will be also be available for a signing on Saturday 23rd June at the Wasabi Records booth.
- ITK Robot Show (every day): experience some of the most innovative and useful technology to come out of Japan, including an amazing myoelectric hand.
- Cosplay Competitions (Saturday 23, Sunday 24 July): Top UK cosplayers compete in the HYPER JAPAN UK Cosplay Award 2011, while Final Fantasy comes alive at the SQUARE ENIX Cosplay Battle! Entries now being accepted:
- Maid Cafe Experience (Sunday 24 July): experience Akihabara in London at
our Maid Cafe, complete with wotagei dancing and other performances.
CHARITY & COMMUNITY: GENKI GIVING
HYPER JAPAN will also feature a dedicated charity area to support the people and regions affected by the Tohoku Pacific Earthquake of March 11, 2011. This will include:
- Charity Raffle: there will be a charity raffle every day, with prizes generously donated by HYPER JAPAN sponsors and exhibitors. Entrance to the raffle is through the purchase of a beautiful handmade sakura brooch, designed and made by TERP London.
- 7-Beaches Tsunami Aid Exhibition: an exhibition of photographs taken at the affected area, organised by 7-Beach Tsunami Aid Project.
- Show Area: an area featuring performances, shows and talks by groups involved in Japanese culture and interests.
- Experience Zone: an opportunity to get hands-on with illustrators or origami experts, or practice your Japanese language skills. All workshops and experiences are free, but donations will be accepted.
In addition to the above, one third of all sponsorship funding for HYPER JAPAN 2011 will be donated to the Japan Society Earthquake Relief Fund. 10% of net ticket revenue will also be donated directly to the Relief Fund.
Read more here: http://www.hyperjapan.co.uk/event-2011/genki-giving.html
COOL, CUISINE, CULTURE
Cuisine: HYPER JAPAN 2011 will also feature an extensive line-up of other exhibitors and guests. There will be an authentic Maid Cafe in addition to the Eat-Japan Food Court, where visitors can sample a variety of authentic Japanese food and drink.
Details on cuisine are available here: http://www.hyperjapan.co.uk/event-2011/cuisine.html
Cool: Big names in the games and media entertainment industry, such as Bandai Namco Partners, KONAMI and Square Enix Products will all be at the event, as well as fashion, art and technology related exhibitors. Find out more here:
Culture: HYPER JAPAN 2011 will also be hosting the Japan Media Arts Festival and Third Window Films, along with multiple other stalls and stands that will allow our visitors to experience the diversity and vibrancy of contemporary Japanese culture.
More details here: