London Expo May 2009 Event Details
Date: 2009 April 20th Monday [16:43] | Posted By: Joe
Anime fans who can get to London on the weekend of the 23rd to the 24th of May 2009, will want to visit the London MCM Expo at the Excel Centre. As always anime is well represented, with many of the UK anime and manga companies having a stall or some sort of presence, along with lots of dealers selling great merchandise. The event is also a huge draw to cosplayers, with many of the attendies in fancy dress!
Like last time, the event also plans to smash its current world record for the amount of video game related cosplay. It's set to be a fun weekend! So keep your calendars free. ^_^
Press release as follows:
The UK's BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT EVENT is back!
And it's bigger than ever!!!
London MCM Expo, the UK's NO 1 consumer event for movies, video games, comics and more, returns to Excel London from 23-24 May 2009.
Prepare to be interrogated by storm troopers, come face to face with your favourite cinema and TV actors and try out the hottest video games months before release. Take some time to explore the extensive range of exhibitors selling everything from replica items from the big screen, to merchandise, clothing and all manner of quirky paraphernalia, and let's not forget the 35,000+ crowd that the event is estimated to attract this May, and who are just as much a part of the action as the big name celebrities on offer – the fans alone broke into the record books at last year's event for the most amount of people in one place dressed as their favourite video games characters – a world record Expo attempts to shatter again this May.
London MCM Expo is a fun-packed, adrenaline fuelled adventure for the whole family to enjoy and what's more, the kids get in free!
The first wave of confirmed guests set to be signing autographs, meeting fans and conducting Q&A panels throughout the weekend include silver screen legend Tony Curtis, The Terminator's Linda Hamilton, Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner, and Donnie Darko's imaginary bunny friend James Duval.
A whole host of comic book and manga talent has yet to be confirmed, but last year saw illustrators from British classics such as The Beano, to illustrators from America's mighty DC and Marvel comics, to domestic manga stars.
The latest videogames set to take UK by storm this summer will be playable at the event, including Tekken 6, Ghostbusters and Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, and many more from some of the most respected publishers in the industry; Capcom, Atari, KOEI, Ankama, Eidos and Rising Star Games. Plus, check out the latest releases in the world of anime and manga, make new friends at the various multiplayer areas for PSP owners as well as for card-based games like Magic the Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh!
Be sure to visit the website for further information as well as all the latest developments as they break: http://www.londonexpo.com/
- Last MCM Expo attendance: Over 30,000.
- May MCM Expo expected attendance: Over 35,000
- Advanced ticket sales up between October 2007 and October 2008 by 145%
- Venue: London Excel Centre, one of the UK’s finest and largest venues.
- Confirmed guests: Hollywood screen legend Tony Curtis, bionic woman Lindsay Wagner, Linda Hamilton (best known as Sarah Connor from the Terminator movies) and cult star James Duval (Donnie Darko) with plenty more to be announced over the coming weeks.
- Confirmed video games appearing at the MCM Expo: Ghostbusters, Afro Samurai, Naruto Shippenden Ultimate Ninja 4, Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, The Munchables, Tekken 6 & Ready 2 Rumble, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce and Monster Hunter, with more awaiting confirmation.
- London MCM Expo is part of the MCM Expo Group hosting shows at Excel London, the International Centre Telford and the NEC Birmingham.